Monday, July 11, 2011

Journey to Jundah

Hi Everyone!
My name is Anna Phelps and I am currently completing my internship (final prac) at Jundah State School. Throughout my Education Degree at CQ University Noosa I have completed practicums at Coolum Beach Christian College (Year 5), Mornington Island State School (Years P-7), Pomona State School (Year 5/6), Maleny State School (Prep) and finally Jundah State School (P-7). I’ve always been interested in teaching in rural and remote Australian and thoroughly enjoy life in and outside the classroom in these areas.
I grew up on a cattle property near Roma and attended a small school like Jundah for all of my primary education. I enjoy most sports (tennis, touch football, swimming, volleyball etc.), photography, living and working in rural Australia, spending time with family and friends, and getting the most out of the opportunities life has to offer.
My journey to Jundah SS began in March 2011 when I contacted Nicole Sherwood, the Principal at Jundah SS, to explore the possibility of completing my internship under her supervision. We discussed dates, expectations and how the practicum would work. I then made a meeting with the Final Year Schools Coordinator Sue Davies at CQ University Noosa and proposed the same idea to her. Thankfully both Nikki and Sue were very supportive and accommodating. Without these two ladies my practicum would not have been possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment